Friday, November 21, 2008

catch up (hold the mustard)

Hi Family!!

I have been on vacation around the world? Nope. In jail? Not yet. :-) So where have I been for the last 7 weeks? Good question. Here is a brief sketch of events starting the end of Aug.

First, Liz and I tagged along with Carrie to see Melissa. We enjoyed a weekend with Melissa and her children. She surprised us by throwing herself a "Picnic in the Park Birthday Party". Way to go Missy! We enjoyed the kids so much. They are absolutely amazing! They are bright and darling, and loving.

The the very next weekend Liz and I drove to San Jose. Her nephew had suffered an accidental fall which caused him to loose his life. I had met Ray in March, and found him to be an exceptional man, kind and giving of his time and his talents. At his funeral the chapel was filled with people expressing love and appreciation for his service, and loving encouragement he had given them. He was always thoughtful and helpful, he will be greatly missed.

Our first night there, Michael and Joe, Liz's sons, took us out to a favorite restaurant. I had been there with them before, and again, enjoyed the good food and great company. Her boys are fun to be around, they are like family to me.

I asked Liz if we could extend our trip, so I could see Candy and the grandkids in San Diego. And for those few extra days, we packed in many fun experiences. We brought back seashells from the beach, books from shopping trips, and we cleverly sought out Roach Coaches and little Mexican eateries. Best food ever. Of course, the highlight was seeing the family. Donald is so tall and grown up. Jazzy is beautiful. They are so Dear. Candy is a Sweetheart.

Coming home Liz and I stayed over at Paul and Ann's. They were glad to see us, which was a special treat for both Liz and I. I loved seeing them, such an awesome twosome.

The last 300 miles we started dragging our feet. We had had such a good time, we didn't want the trip to come to an end. The last night we slept over at Barb and Ry's house. Again we enjoyed comfort and the joy of being welcomed into the home of family. We had driven 2500 miles by the time we arrived back home. And every single night we were away, we spent with loving family. My how that warms my heart. That made every minute of the trip so special.

Since then Liz has had a knee replacement. And before the year is out she hopes to get the other knee remodeled also. I expect I will have a hard time keeping up with her at yard sales next summer.

My sweet husband is the best husband EVER! He has kept the home fires burning, taking care of all my chores and continues to be very supportive. He is wonderful! I am definitely going to keep him. When he wants to renew my contract, I will sign up without hesitation.

I am getting very excited about the holidays!

Because Barbara, Ryan and Sadie will be in Vernal on Thanksgiving, My Honey and I have planned a rather quiet Thanksgiving to share with Carrie, but we will pack the day with love, and our tummies with good food- and watch football. Then later in the month or early December we will have a Farmer holiday feast with ALL the family present. That way, Mark and Mel and Welly can be with the Stevenson's too. Good idea eh?

I am off to do some Christmas shopping. The gifts will be humble, but its the thought that counts. Love to all!

3 comments:

Elicia said...

i'm glad you had a great trip! sounds like a lot of fun!

MStevenson said...

busy grandma...

Barb said...

very busy grandma...=)