We were both so excited. As we boarded the bus Welly got on just like a pro. He went right to the last seat in the back where we could feel most of the bumps and the swings around corners. He sat next to the window with his legs straight out just as if I had told him. In great anticipation we waited for the last passengers to sit down. I could see he was overjoyed. He was taking in all the sights and sounds of a big bus ride. He giggled and wiggled his feet, knowing that any minute the bus would take flight. He sat up high, no seat belt, and with the rummbbling of the jet engines in his ears (you get that on the back seat) his eyes danced, any second we would roar away from the curb. He was READY. Did we ride for hours? Yes, we did!
We rode to Carrie's work and got root beer in his bottle. (Welly said the water in the bottle was, quote "yucky". Carrie saved us with her generous gift of root beer.) We saw big orange fish in a pond on the grounds at her work too. And, yes, I recall, he took a minute to make a fun run with Carrie in tow down the halls of her work.
We took different routes, three in all, each one was so awesome. When the bus goes ding, the light goes on that says STOP REQUESTED. There are babies on the bus. We saw two boys that actually put their bikes on the front of the bus, and then later on Cliffside, took them off and they road away as we pulled away. Amazing!
We took a snack break at Smith's F.K. and bought anything we wanted! A banana, and yogurt. After eating we got on the last bus, which we would ride to his Mom's work. Ten minutes before I had planned to get off and walk the last block to the clinic, Wells went to sleep. So we rode to the Transit C. and back to give him a little 20 minute nap. I carried him off the bus and instead of fussing, he woke enough to smile and wave goodbye to the bus. What an exciting day for Welly and Grammy.
What do you think? Who had the most fun?
8 comments:
So fun! I bet he loved it. You're such a fun grandma. =)
Hard to say, but Wellington asked to ride a bus today, I think he had the best time.
You party animals
Who had the best time? Depends on who had the longest nap when it was over! :)
I think we could use some pics.
We should go again and take the camera along with us. Good idea Uncle Troy. We could take a picnic too, and make a stop at Lundstrom Park. Me thinks there are a bunch of yellow leaves on the ground up there.
Hi, its Angie Curtis. You are wonderful grammy! we'll see you soon!
Hi Farmers! It's so good to be able to see how you are doing. Now I can check up on your kids and see how htey are doing! I love blogging!
Post a Comment