Monday, September 29, 2008

Party On

I have been doing fun things, well along with the not so fun, dusting and moving of furniture.  I wanted to rearrange a few small tables, and make room for new books I found at yard sales.  I ended up moving my computer desk into the front bedroom.  I could NOT have done it without the help of my sweet husband.  Thanks Honey!

I was a little worried, I will admit.  When I started to move all the wires and connections, I did get tense.  But look, my computer still works and I love the new arrangement.  Making the apartment cleaner, more comfy, and easier on the eye, is still a work in progress.  It takes ME a while.  

Inthemeantime, I have been having fun too.  My friend, Liz, and I went on a very long afternoon ride to see the fall leaves.  We didn't have a plan when we left, which means, of course, anything can happen.  Going through canyons and up mountains in search of the bright colors we saw amazing sights.  Liz has never been in that part of Utah, so we had a royal excursion.  The trek took us past five dams, into four canyons, and included three drives down the Main Street of Park City, Utah.

My report is this:  We saw funny looking cows.  They resembled pigs because they were completely black except for a very wide ban of white around the mid-section.  Never seen a cow like that, and there was a bunch of them in the field near Morgan.  The soft serve, self serve, ice cream machine, I am sad to say is broken, for good.  It is located in Mt. Green, at the bottom of the new highway that goes up over, from Pine View Dam, passed Snow Basin.  In that little gas station.  Hey, Marky, something to buy, fix and put in your kitchen!

More report:  Near Main Street in Park City there is a large tree with a zillion shoes tie in it.  Most of them I think are sneakers.  I should have had my camera for a picture of that.  Liz kept pointing out the statues of Mooses.  We even saw a red one with a Xmas shopping bag in its mouth.  That was located at the entrance of the Outlet Mall at Kimball Junction.  We came home via Devil's Slide and down through Weber Canyon.  Did we have FUN or what?  That was Thursday.  

Saturday I enjoyed Relief Society Conference at the Stake Center.  Pres. Unchtdorf spoke and that was really good.  Pick it up on line, if you didn't see it.  Sunday I woke up with a bad headache so I didn't make it to church.  In the afternoon I felt better.  Then it turned into such a great day because family came to see us.  I so love it when family comes to visit!

Barb and Sadie are here for two nights because Ryan is on a business trip.  Everyone wants to come to see Barb and Sadie.  Carrie was here and M & M and Welly!  This Grandma just couldn't be happier.  Such beautiful sweetie pies.  Wellington gave Sadie a big hug and when he turned to go play, she reached out and tried to hold on to him.  They are so cute together.  What good cousins.  We all had such a good time.   

5 comments:

robin said...

AWWWW! Homesick!

Elicia said...

sweet! i wish i could have seen all that and more!

Troy said...

What? No pics?!

Rebecca said...

i love the fall colors up the canyons. It sounds like a grand time

Barb said...

Such a fun weekend mom! Thanks again. We'll get more pics of those cousins next time.