Friday, February 27, 2009

NOT boring at my house.



Today I went to Lowes with Jim to buy a florescent light replacement and a new toilet seat.  We played scrabble tonight, he beat me by almost 100 points.  I can see a rematch on the horizon.
  
Yesterday I went to Macey's and bought groceries.  Melanie gave me a ride there and home again.  She was very sweet to help me.  Right next door to Macey's is a Papa Murphy's Pizza place.  The yummy pizza I took home was delicious, and a lie.  It was named lite but was full of delicious calories.

The day before that, Tues.,  I made a meat loaf.  I left it in the oven for almost six hours, instead of the recommended 90 minutes.   It was so black.  I took a jackhammer to it so we could have some for dinner.  The rest went into the trash.  That was a pretty exciting day.  I am glad I am not boring like the rest of you.   
I had fun on Tues.,  I got to tend Wellington at his house.  He is such a good playmate.  He shares his cars with me, we have races with them, and I read books to him.  We usually get on the computer and look for new posts of Sadie and of Gretta.  

I hope to tend tomorrow.  Friday is a good day for an adventure.  I think we will take the bus and then eat ice cream at the Blue Bird.  The kind with whipped cream and a cherry on top, served up with two spoons.  Along with two glasses of water with ice.  Welly loves the ice.

5 comments:

Elicia said...

wow! six hours! that's a new record grammy! :) sounds like fun! all i get to do is work!

MStevenson said...

The meatloaf was my fault. I was supposed to call to remind my Dad to take it out. Oops.

Welly loves his Grandma and loves their adventures.

Barb said...

Way to go with the pics mom! It's looking good. And I love the meatloaf story - not funny then I'm sure, but funny now!

Bobbie said...

If you had it for dinner, you would never think it was funny. :-P

Bobbie said...

Melanie, it wasn't your fault. I should have left a note for Daddy and set his alarm. The note would have said, meat loaf in the oven, please turn the oven to 170 degrees. Thank you.

But I mess up, and so there, its MY fault.