My stuff has a personality. My stuff often has a personal name. All of it has a life. Thats the problem with stuff. Personality, name and a life equals responsibility for the owner. Someone come to the yard sale on the 23rd at Barbara's house and buy stuff. It needs a new home. I can't dust it anymore, or find a place for it, and I have run out of names for my stuff. You take it home and love it. Please.
My stress will disolve, and you can enjoy your new stuff.
6 comments:
AND EVERYTHING IS FREE AFTER 10 AM!!!!!
You should come take it all home with you Troy. =)
Troy, when you have a yard sale, I will come.
I knew there was a catch to the sneek peek of how grandma works!
i'm such a pack rat! i usually just give my old stuff to goodwill. i'm trying to get rid of all my stuff because when i do move down there, i don't want a whole lotta stuff! my car can only fit so much! but i don't want to get rid of things that i want to save for my kids to play with, like dolls and such. you just gotta get tough and give it all to goodwill. then you will make someone else's kid happy!
unfortunately i can't fit any more stuff into our house - jeff's star wars collection has arrived. good heavens, is it ever large.
I take my hat off to anyone who can treasure a few things and hang on to them for years. Its so fun to have a few things from your childhood, those things that you can see and recall a fine memory or pleasant feeling. I don't think they are stuff, they are treasures.
Its the things that you keep for almost no reason at all. Thats the stuff.
Today, the girls are glad to have gleaned their old children's books. And tents that they use to play in, the ones that fit on a twin size bed. The red ones belong to Melanie and Carrie, the Cabbage Patch one belongs to Barbara. I am very happy they have treasures from my storage. Score!
Post a Comment