Friday, August 22, 2008

Stretching is a form of exercise.

I have been stretching all week.  I have bent over to go through boxes, reached up high to pull down dusty nic naks.  My shoulders feel the pinch.  I am getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow, Saturday.  That will be the most stretching of all, the sale.  I will see things carried away in hands belonging to strangers, go off in cars to who knows where.  If they pay for it they will treasure it, right?  My heart and my mind will be stretched as I bid farewell to toy, book, nic nak of my past.


But exercise is good.  It improves and tones your body.  It makes those muscles carry out the work they were made to do.  It brings back into prospective a balance in life.  It clears away, brings energy, new life.  Exercise is good for the body.  Exercise is good for the mind.  And for the soul.  It teaches lessons learned in no other way.  We are here for experiences.  


To be involved in having a yard sale is an experience of change, and I don't want to do it very often.


I will be more respectful and tender when I go to yard sales to buy.  Exercise is hard at times.  But can you imagine what we would look like if we never used a muscle?  If we never stretched?  I am stretching this week.  And I am going to be glad!

3 comments:

Elicia said...

when my friend ginger was moving out of colorado, i helped out with all the carrying and such. then i was rewarded with selling cookies. the little kids liked that, and the parents were annoyed. what i thought was most funny was people would bring $100 bills, expecting that we would be able to break it. silly people!

MStevenson said...

Does stretching to reach the last ding dong on the shelf count?

Bobbie said...

Melanie, it counts only if it is the last one on earth.