Monday, March 23, 2009

I really liked this book.


Square Peg.  Confessions of a Citizen Senator.

I know so little about the workings of the government.  I thought this may be some insight and if nothing else, I could learn about Orrin Hatch.  To my surprise, I really liked this book.  It is written with me in mind, very understandable and informative.  I recommend this book to everyone.  Its not so long that you can't get through it in a short time, and you will learn so much about the nitty gritty of the Senate.  Now, I want to know more about Orrin Hatch as a person.  He said just enough, that I think he is very interesting, creative and of "good report".  He has a pretend name that Bono gave to him, because he writes music.  Who knew?!  Now, I am wondering if I can find his music on line, and see what it sounds like.

5 comments:

Troy said...

I used to really like Mr. Hatch but I think it's time he retire. He's been in DC way too long.

Jeff said...

I was about to say, too bad he's sucking it up for the people.

Barb said...

Good book review mom. What is the nickname?

Bobbie said...

Johnny Trapdoor

MStevenson said...

You're such a reading fool lately. Now I know what your doing when your up so late.