
HA HA I am on vacation. I say ha ha, because Jim thought it was just a vacation for him when he went to see Lane in Arizona. Today, the two of them are traveling to San Diego to see more family and go to the beach. They are having a great time. But its a vacation for me too. And I am also having so much fun.
Right after leaving the airport, I went to the Centerville D.I. That was the jumping off point of my vacation. But I did get a wee bit of a cold before the day was over, so Sunday I stayed in bed with a red nose and a sore throat. By Monday I was improving. Who wants to be sick on their vacation?
Monday I went to Sadie's Birthday Party. She had a true fancy dancy party, the kind with lots of decorations, yummy food, ice cream and cake, great presents. And a whole bunch of family that loves her very dearly. She had her first taste of sugar and chocolate. I am so glad I went to the party, what a fun memory of her cute little chocolate covered face and cake up to her elbows.
Tues. I got to see Sadie and Barb again. They came to Logan for Sadie's well baby check-up. Her doctor said she is doing just great, she is growing and learning very well. Then we got to have a picnic lunch with Carrie because it was a beautiful day. Carrie had to go back to work, pooh. Then, we played with Wellington at his house, until Sadie got sleepy and needed to go home. After that Wellington and I took a bus ride.
Wed. I had a sleep-over at Wellington's house. I loved being there with Melanie, Hilyard and Wells. I was in Grandmother heaven just being with them. (Marky I love you, too.)
Thur. was play day. First, we went to see the airplanes at HAFB. Barbara and Sadie met us there. We got to see really awesome airplanes inside the building, and then walked right up and touched the airplanes on display outside. I took a zillion pictures. When we got hungry, we went to Chucky Cheese Pizza. None of us had been there before. We all highly recommend it as a super place to play and eat tasty pizza (and its clean and new). Yup, I took a ton more pictures. Sadie loved it, a good place to practice walking around. Wellington liked the car ride, the one with the dog sitting beside him. He kept running back to it, I am thinking maybe six times he rode with this cute dog beside him. Wellington also played a game and won a big ice cream sandwich. Being there on a week day, after the lunch crowd, was nice because almost no one was there, we had the games and rides pretty much to ourselves. Carrie, I hope you can come with us next time.
Such a fun Grandmother vacation. More to come in my next blog. I will probably title it, "Grammy going wild."
2 comments:
So fun & so busy! And that next title worries me...=)
I don't think my schedule was that busy when my kids were little!!! Sheesh! :)
Post a Comment