Sunday, April 5, 2009

Running Errands


It was such a busy day Friday, and then Saturday was a blast.  I had a great time both days.  Wellington is so much fun to take care of.  He is very bright.  Good company too.  He laughs at my silliness, a real plus.
First thing we did on Friday, when we left the house, was have lunch at Arctic Circle.  Wellington ate really well.  We had his coat with us, so, I stopped by Jo Ann's to buy a zipper for it.  We walked across the street to the flower shop, to see what flowers we could get for Mommy.  They were too expensive there so we left.  We went by the dry cleaners to leave the coat for repair but putting in a zipper was too much, I will do it myself, later.  Then we came to my house because Wellington had fallen asleep.  I put him on the sofa, to nap.  But he had a short nap of about five minutes that's all.  He played at my house, while I got a few chores done.  Then I called Grandpa at his work, and he said, can you take me to the bank with my paycheck?  I have to get cashed.  I said, "Sure".  We drove there, then to Sub-way so he could pick up a sandwich to take home.  He was feeling shaky.  Barb and Ry arrived into town right then.  I went back to the condo to let them in.  They wanted to clean to surprise Melanie, and Barb needed to give Sadie a nap.  We visited and the children played.  I needed to get my protime test.  So, now we headed for my test, but just as we got to the hospital, Wellington was asleep again.  I called Jim and asked him to sit in the truck while I run in, and get the test.  The test was way over due, as I had been waiting for my medicare to kick in.   I drove back, got Jim, and got the test done finally.  I picked out the flowers there so I wouldn't have to keep looking, and they did have a pretty arrangement.  We went to Kings to get a present for baby, while Jim headed for  Smith's to pick up a few groceries.  Two birds, one stone.  As it turned out we were getting the gift when Mark called to tell us the baby was here!  WOWEE.  Melanie said they would call, when they were ready for company, so back we went to my house to get some food and wait to see baby.  B and Ry said, earlier they were going to come eat with us after they finished cleaning.  But they headed for the hospital.  The three of us ate at home and waited for the invite.  Wellington ate really well.  We got to the hospital to see our new little guy.  He is wonderful!  I dropped Jim at home, went to the condo, and now we are ready for some rest.
Now it is Saturday.  I drive over to Macey's to buy food and ice for Carrie's ice machine.  Now, Wellington and I head for the hospital to see Mommy.  I don't stop for sox, as I am trying to get there before visiting hours begin, to give them private time with WWJ.  Its a big day.  We are so happy to see everyone.  Troy and his crew arrive.  I finally get to see them.  What a joy it was.  I had four of my five children in Melanie's room, all at the same time.  My little heart was so glad.  Yes, it was a GREAT time tending darling Wellington.  I used the truck more than I had intended, but I took care of a bunch of things.  Thank you Mark and Melanie for letting me use it.  It really helped with all I needed to do.  And now you know what went on with us, while you were busy at the hospital.  That fills in some of the blanks.  Thank you Mark and Melanie for letting me use your truck.  It really helped a lot.

2 comments:

Barb said...

It was fun to spend time with you this weekend mama! Love you! =)

Bobbie said...

It was so very emotional and happy, a weekend we will never ever forget.